CC cream and BB cream V.S. DD cream
CC Cream, BB Cream, and DD cream
One of the most recurrent questions that make-up artists are often asked is what is the difference between BB Cream, CC Cream, and DD Cream.
What is BB cream?
BB Creams (Blemish Balm) are a kind of all in one and in a single step, they hydrate, correct, and protect against external aggressions.
The best thing is that the development and research in this type of cosmetics are sure to find one that meets the specific needs and characteristics of your skin.
The properties of BB cream:
- BB Creams are highly hydrating so they are very good for dry skin.
- They provide extra hydration, the color is very natural and they do not leave a feeling of heavy skin.
Corrects small imperfections
- Because its tone is very light and water-based, that is, very subtle and translucent.
- One of the great advantages in this regard is that they mark fewer wrinkles.
Protecting from external aggressions
- On many occasions, they have antioxidant ingredients such as niacinamide that protect us from changes in temperature, pollution, etc…
- Although they wear sun protection, it is usually a low factor (at most 30) so a 50+ should be applied previously.
Brings luminosity to the skin
- It gives a juicier and healthier appearance to the complexion.
What is CC cream?
The acronym CC Cream stands for Color Correcting Cream, that is, it is a cream that covers skin imperfections.
They are more similar to medium coverage foundations but with the advantage that they include moisturizing, anti-aging, or anti-blemish ingredients, depending on the type you choose.
The properties of CC cream:
- CC Creams tend to be less hydrating than BB Creams because they focus more on correcting blemishes such as blemishes or pimples.
- They are more suitable for oily skin.
- In mature skin, they can mark wrinkles more so care must be taken when applying them and blending them much more.
- The correction of facial imperfections is greater. This is why they have a heavier texture although they do not usually leave a mask effect.
Greater protection against solar rays
- It is true that CC Creams usually offer a higher sun protection factor, but as we said at the beginning, it would be necessary to apply too much to achieve that level of protection.
- Even if they have a factor of 50+, apply the protective cream first and after a few minutes, the CC Cream.
- it brightens but is more matte. If you want to illuminate more, apply a cream highlighter, which will melt better, in strategic areas.
What is DD cream?
The third in contention, the DD Cream.
The new beauty product is revolutionizing cosmetics and that promises to go one step further when it comes to simplifying your morning beauty routine.
The acronym DD Cream stands for Dynamic Do-All or Daily Defense.
Its strength, in addition to color and correction, they provide anti-aging assets.
The properties of DD cream:
Prevention of premature aging of the skin
- its ingredients includes active antioxidants and extra hydration to keep the skin comfortable all day.
It adapts well to any skin type
- As they are a hybrid between BB and CC Cream they have the benefits of BB Cream and the coverage of CC Cream.
Contain higher level of sun protection
- Remember that it is always better to apply photoprotection beforehand and also contain anti-pollution ingredients.
- Revives the radiance of the face thanks to its antioxidant properties. Properties to improve not only the elasticity of the skin but the depth of wrinkles.
How to apply CC, BB, DD creams?
- A BB Cream or even a DD Cream can replace your usual moisturizer in your routine.
- Cleanse your skin regularly, use a vitamin C or niacinamide serum to add an extra antioxidant, and, if you need it, a moisturizer.
- If not, go directly to the sunscreen, wait a few minutes for the skin to absorb it, and then apply the BB Cream, CC Cream, or DD Cream.
- Any of them can be worked with brushes, sponges, or directly with the hands.
- Depending on the tool, the skin will be more or less light. as some make-up artists recommend using your hands, it always provides more flexibility to the product, since with the heat of the hands the base melts much better, you reach all the holes. The result is more natural when beaten with the fingertips, the effect is natural, blurred, and juicy skin.
- If you want, you can later blend with a short-haired brush.
- Then apply the rest of the makeup: shadows, mascara, blush, lipstick … and to set everything and make your makeup last perfect all day, a fixing spray.
Take a look at our selection of CC Cream, BB Cream, and DD Cream and choose the one that best suits you.
BB Cream 5 in 1
The BB Cream C’est Magic by L’Oréal Paris is one of those all-in-one products that we love so much that we are always in a hurry in the morning.
It unifies, hydrates, protects, softens, and illuminates, leaving a good-looking effect throughout the day.
BB Cream for oily or combination skin
The BB Cream Prodigious Perfector for combination / oily skin Garnier gives the skin a touch of color quite natural that camouflages redness and imperfections of this type of skin. Contains antioxidant vitamin C.
Anti-stain CC Cream
If you are concerned about spots on the skin or are prone to them, in addition to your usual treatment and tons of sun protection, you can use a CC Cream with specific active ingredients such as Bella Aurora’s Anti-Dark Spot Cream with Color SPF 50+.
CC Cream with hyaluronic acid
The CC Cream Filler Eucerin Hyaluron contains two different types of hyaluronic acid, which fills wrinkles and moisturizes the skin deeply. Ideal for a natural finish but with good coverage to unify the tone.
Anti-aging CC Cream
The CC Cream Moisturizing Anti-Aging Olay Regenerist Complexion Corrector is a good choice for those who seek maximum simplify your beauty routine in the mornings.
On the one hand, it is an anti-aging serum, and on the other a light makeup base.
Dermatologically Defining BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30
DD Creams are still not as popular as BB and CC Creams, but luckily we have wonders like DERMAdoctor DD Cream.
It is a makeup base with anti-aging active ingredients as overs and corrects imperfections, moisturizes and protects, prevents and attenuates spots and dyschromia, and also brightens and revives the tone.