strawberry legs, symptoms, causes and treatments
Strawberry legs, symptoms, causes, and treatments.
Strawberry legs is one of the most important problems that annoy many women and reduce their self-confidence, but do not worry anymore because there are many solutions now to get rid of strawberry legs.
To show off perfect legs, many women adopt a daily exercise routine that works their muscles and helps them stay toned.
However, when it comes to beauty, physical work must be complemented with other treatments that help maintain the good health of the skin that covers them, so that it looks smooth, young, and in measure, free of imperfections.
Sometime after hair removal, some unlikely dots appear on your legs, these dots are called Strawberry legs.
In this article, we will know more about strawberry legs, and how to avoid it, and its symptoms and home treatment or laser is the best for strawberry legs.
What are strawberry legs?
They are called strawberry legs as they look like the skin of a strawberry that is covered in spots or dots.
Usually, red or black spots appear on the skin after hair removal because of a reaction in the hair follicles. Sometimes the dark spots that are characteristic of strawberry legs are blocked pores that turn black, or arise within the dark pigment, melanin, within the pores.
It’s said that dark spots on the legs after waxing are common among women with dark skin. People with darker skin have more melanin pigments in their skin. This can mean that blackheads, blemishes, and small bumps appear more easily.
The reasons why these small imperfections form are diverse. However, at a general level, it is believed to be the result of hair removal through those methods that only remove it from the surface of the skin. In this way they leave a space where dead cells, dust, dirt, and other environmental agents enter, covering the pore.
Symptoms of strawberry legs
The main issue for women who have strawberry legs is how to get rid of the dark spots that appear after hair removal. Other skin problems that can appear after shaving the legs or another area of the body can include:
- Small red bumps that can become infected
- Large itchy and swollen red bumps
- Ingrown hairs that become infected and begin to itch”
Causes of strawberry legs
The removing of leg hair by shaving or waxing can affect the leg skin in many ways There are some skin conditions that can cause dark pores and other strawberry leg symptoms.
Folliculitis is a common reason for the appearance of strawberry legs and occurs when the follicles become inflamed after shaving or waxing. Irritant folliculitis often affects women’s legs after shaving. This causes itchy skin caused by irritation due to the waxing or shaving with a razor blade.
Strawberry legs can be open comedones
The dark spots on the legs that are characteristic of strawberry legs may be formed due to clogged pores or hair follicles. Strawberry legs could be a type of open comedo that causes black spots on the legs. The dark spots that look like a black rash are actually fats or oil that is clogged in the pore. Once the pore is open, the substance turns black due to oxidizing factors in the air.
Bad hair removal techniques
Bad or violent hair removal techniques could leave your legs like strawberries. Some mistakes which will cause strawberry skin on the legs include shaving against the hair growth, not exfoliating beforehand, or employing a rake. However, strawberry legs are caused by waxing on the legs. A 2015 report found that waxing or shaving can cause comedones.
This can cause blackheads in the affected area. Doctors also reported that pigmentary changes (dark or light spots) are common after waxing.
One condition which will cause a strawberry sort of skin on the legs is keratosis.
This causes small red or tan-colored spots on the legs, upper arms, butt, or cheeks. “Due to the uneven appearance of the skin, some people ask this as “goosebumps.” nobody is basically sure what causes keratosis.
It could be due to hereditary factors, dry skin, or allergies.
Some doctors say that strawberry legs is caused by tanning creams that cause dark spots on the legs. Tanning creams stain the highest layer of skin to offer it a darker appearance.
In some people, the open pores on their legs react more to the cream and cause blackheads on the legs.
Home remedies for strawberry legs
In order to get rid of strawberry legs, you must prepare your skin properly before shaving or waxing your legs. Taking excellent care of your legs after waxing is additionally important to stop ingrown hairs or dead skin cells from clogging your pores or causing an infection.
Like many products of this type, this mask deeply cleanses the skin and provides hydration to prevent problems such as dryness.
- 2 tbs. of brown sugar
- 4 tbs. of olive or coconut oil
What should you do?
- Mix the ingredients to form a mixture and then apply it circularly on the affected parts.
- Leave the treatment to act for 5 minutes and then rinse it with plenty of warm water.
The properties of this natural scrub make it easy to remove unsightly blackheads on the legs. But, in addition, they also firm and tone the skin to avoid problems such as flaccidity and cellulite. This is because coconut oil, according to this study by The Himalaya Drug Company, is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- 6 tbs. of coffee grounds
- 4 tbs. of coconut oil
What should you do?
- First, prepare a mixture with the two ingredients and then apply the treatment on the parts that you want to treat, doing circular massages to support the removal of dead skin.
- Then, let it act for a few minutes and rinse with plenty of warm water.
Scrub to smooth
Clean and smooth skin can be achieved with the regular use of this natural scrub. Its ingredients can help remove some of the impurities attached to the skin and the result is positive.
- 4 tbs. of baking soda
- 4 tbs. of brown sugar
- 3 tbs. of rose water
What should you do?
- The first step would be to prepare a paste by mixing all the ingredients, then use it to exfoliate the legs with gentle circular massages.
- Finally, leave the mixture to act for about 10 minutes and finally remove it with plenty of warm water.
Constant shaving, as well as the chemicals in depilatory creams, can darken the skin on the legs, causing them to lose their natural tone.
If this is your case, perhaps you should try this homemade scrub that, due to its ingredients, can help you achieve a natural lightening in a short time.
- Lemon juice
- 3 tbs. of olive oil
- 3 tbs. of sugar
What should you do?
- First, prepare a paste with the three ingredients and then apply it to the legs with gentle circular massages.
- It is recommended to do it at night since the lemon could stain the skin if it is subsequently exposed to the sun.
Finally, an exfoliant that can help to have legs free of blackheads, is the one made with tomato pulp.
This ingredient has very powerful antioxidant compounds, according to a study carried out by the University of Estadual do Sudoeste da Bahia, in Brazil. These can help preserve the beauty of the skin by facilitating the removal of impurities and dead cells.
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon of salt
What should you do?
- The first step is to grind the tomato pulp into a paste.
- Second, mix it with a teaspoon of salt.
- Finally, apply the paste obtained with gentle massages on the affected areas. Leave it to act for 10 minutes before and rinse with plenty of warm water.
CLINICAL TREATMENTS FOR STRAWBERRY LEGS
If you’ve tried all the home remedies you can, and this condition still doesn’t seem to improve, then it’s time to visit your dermatologist. You should also see your doctor if you have recurring acne or any internal hair. Your dermatologist can recommend a prescription for any of the causes that can lead to the condition.
You can also undergo the following procedures:
1 . Laser hair removal – This procedure is used to destroy the hair follicles that clog the pores under the skin. A pulse of laser is directed towards the affected area, and after about three to eight treatments, hair growth is reduced. Some unruly hairs may come back, but your dermatologist should be able to recommend the correct laser power for your condition and level of pigmentation.
2. Chemical peel – Although you may have tried many home remedies, your dermatologist might recommend a chemical treatment to help remove dead cells. These types of creams usually have salicylic acid and glycolic acid and, without a doubt, they will be very effective.
HOW TO PREVENT STRAWBERRY LEGS?
If you don’t have Strawberry Legs, you can still do a few things to make sure you never have this condition. To prevent your pores from developing such unsightly dark spots, try these tips:
1 . Epilate gently – Especially if you do it with a razor. Strawberry Legs can also be caused by new hair growth after waxing. To avoid this, follow these instructions:
- If you razor hair, shave your legs in the direction of hair growth. Don’t press the blade too hard.
- Use warm water to rinse the blade at intervals. Try to get all the shaving cream and hair out of the blade.
- Towel dry your legs and then apply a body lotion or aloe vera as a moisturizer.
- Get rid of that dull blade and buy a new one. You don’t want bacteria to move all over your clean, smooth skin …
- Take a buttermilk bath – This is a luxurious option that you are sure to enjoy while keeping your legs healthy. Whey exfoliates naturally. Use buttermilk in your bath. Make sure no one is disturbing you and take a nice long bath that will leave you with smoother, shinier, and nicer polished legs.
3 . Use good moisturizers – Hydrated skin is a sign that your cells are in good health, and you should keep them that way. It will reduce your chances of getting infections by keeping the skin barrier intact. This also allows the skin to be smoother and softer, with a low risk of Strawberry Legs. Therefore, try to apply a moisturizing cream or lotion regularly. You can also use:
- Castor oil and aloe vera.
- sandalwood oil, Coconut oil & almond oil.
Use either option to massage your legs for about five minutes to keep them hydrated.
We suggest these products for you that will help you to solve your problem with strawberry legs
to obtain any product just click on its picture.